"Using these successful marketing actions and applying the principles found in the Hubbard Administrative Technology, we more than doubled our revenues each year. Diskkeeper appeared on the Inc magazine list of the 500 fastest growing privately held companies in America for four years in a row."
— Craig Jensen
Marketing and Public Relations
Marketing and public relations are the means by which any business or organization reaches its customers. Effective marketing and public relations determine the success of the enterprise. This certificate program teaches the basics of marketing, public relations and sales from the initial conception of a product or service, the packaging of the product or service, and taking the product or service out to the marketplace.
This program covers basic study skills, interpersonal relationship skills, communication skills, business ethics, how to evaluate and predict human behavior, management by statistics, how to write effective plans and programs, how to write effective company policy, financial planning, public relations and marketing surveys, the basic elements of public relations and the role of public relations in marketing, advertising, sales promotion, development of advertising strategy, media strategy, and sales promotional strategy.
A final faculty-supervised Final Practical Application requires the student to summarize the knowledge and skills learned in the program by designing and carrying out a public relations or marketing campaign or project for a business or professional practice.
This program is recommended for:
- people currently employed in marketing and public relations positions who want to gain new knowledge and skills,
- people who have acquired occupational or professional training who can combine their backgrounds with marketing and public relations knowledge and skills to enable them to obtain a position in marketing or public relations associated with their specialty fields, and
- Business owners, professionals or executives who want to become more effective in managing the marketing and public relations functions of their companies or professional practices.
Program: Marketing and Public Relations
Instructional Clock Hours: 565
- Basic Study Manual
- How to Get Along With Others
- Handling the Ups and Downs in Life
- Personal Values and Integrity
- Improving Business Through Communication
- How to Effectively Handle Work
- How to Evaluate and Predict Human Behavior
- Formulas for Business Success
- Management By Statistics
- How to Expand Your Company By Making Planning Become an Actuality
- How to Write Effective Company Policy
- How to Increase Profits Through Proper Financial Planning
- How to Get Things Done
- Public Relations and Marketing Surveys
- Public Relations
- Public Relations and Marketing Final Practical Application